Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Your Prayers

when I forgot the sense to simply reach inside of God
to taste the love I thirsted for
there were invisible arms
strong
gentle
careful
and warm
without my permission
their hands moved behind my mask
through my inner turmoil
to fill my hurting heart with tenderness
and rebuke the poisons of deceit
because you prayed for me

an abyss
that seemed to ever yawn
keeping me distant from that place in God
where my days are best
became a gap bridged by
every scripture
every happy memory
every repressed joy
every moment of praise
every word building the story of my being
because you prayed for me

fear of running out
of time
love
strength
faith
and money
was forced to unlatch from my eyes
its darkness compelled to retreat
from the light of truth swelling on the inside of my vision
resuscitating hope in corners of my thoughts
where aspirations grew suicidal
because you prayed for me

No comments: