Thursday, April 29, 2010

Lest I Forget

breathing life air could never offer
seething with fervor from destiny’s first kiss
drinking words, thoughts, and dreams so lofty
sinking into fantasy’s untouched bliss

breaking away from yesterday’s fetters
taking flight with wings unfledged
finding it faulty to bypass the letter
and struggle for the spirit
weak and ‘unhedged’

coming back to Light with less than words
dumbly escaping and shaking off the murk,
glum, and sin that numbed me to what I heard:
“from a wretch undone to a finished work”

You saved me twice and kept me ever
took me over and taught me through
showed me today within forever…
I never want to close my eyes with You

who could love dry unyielding dirt
scarcely worth being called soil
and quench its places parched with hurt
beyond the strength of a million men’s toil?

who took a buried and repressed soul
revived and respired it back to its spirit
filled the voids and crevices to a whole
and reiterated purpose for ears to hear it?

my feet are grateful for order
my heart for issues anew
my hands for strength to span new borders
my worship for the love of You

even in alien seasons of trial
and moments of truth that threaten regret
I remember the cross, then rise from three day while
my glorious hope
lest I forget

No comments: