Wednesday, April 28, 2010

He Touched Me

not like the hands of imperfect flesh
instead
amending my appetite
purifying my perversion
denying my death
slaking my thirst
becoming my belief
He touched me

in the places where pains once rested
concealed by layers of time and doubt
so no light could reach inside
yet
Son light did override
and unstill what I was afraid to move
making room for Life that lived externally
to swell and spill over like a flooding river
He touched me

and grew a flower that forgot its true beauty
letting its right to bloom be lost in the fog of transgression
yet
not too distant for His reach to recover
and re-teach to every pore of my skin
reattach to every dream of my nights
and remind every one of my hopes
that I have been with God
not for nothing
but for every bit of Him He has made me
to be

No comments: