Thursday, April 29, 2010

Enough Reason to Reach

motivation hides behind curtains in front of the window in a room on the floor I just turned old enough to explore without permission

those things closest to me should mean the most to me
being wrapped in passion
and fitting perfectly in the dreams that I mean to make true
...but they’re cold
so cold they are
as if undead
they move
yet no heat makes my pen cozy enough to dance without a care of who sees
still…
I find it’ll HAVE to be enough that the ones watching my every move
are trying to glean the smooth in my groove
and the strength in my swag
-and them I love.
their attention necessitates my literary outlet
to stem from a Godly inlet
so faith can inset
where it’s been long dormant and thought non-existent

in the patterns of old mats we sit on
my generation finds its paradigms
and our renaissance in the colorful gusto of sowing the new
and that’s enough
but only if today is tough enough to work though superfluous stuff to
seek
ask
knock
climb out of God’s hand
up His arm to His face
to feel for the joy of His smile and the vibration of His voice
to swim upstream the valves of His heart
looking for its beat
to look from His breath in this skin
and see the millions of children with glory inside them
waiting for us to pull it out
with articulate personification of passion on purpose on the platform of Christ.
I’m therefore moved
from my slough beyond what I have and through who I am to my hunger for more God
who is more than enough

No comments: